Saturday, May 21, 2011

One more thing: the Icelandic sweater.  From the first time I read about it in Mallory's blog (yup, that's right Mallory, I'm still creeping on you even when I'm IN Iceland) I wanted to make one.  I found out in the National Museum that they are not that traditional as I had thought, but people started wearing them in the 1940s.  Whatever, new traditions.  So yeah, everyone actually wears them!  All the time.  After being all over europe and hearing little kids speaking all kinds of foreign languages you would think it would get old but this is actually the cutest thing ever: little kids running around talking to each other in Icelandic and wearing Icelandic sweaters. In Iceland.  So much cuteness and Icelandicness. 
Icelandic hipster in an Icelandic sweater in a hipster bar

No comments:

Post a Comment